Friday, November 11, 2011

6 months already???


As hard as it is for me to believe Molly is already 6 months old. Half a year has gone by and our lives have changed so much... and then changed again and again will again in about 5 minutes. Its going by so fast, and while I can't slow down time to get more of "baby Molly" before she becomes "toddler Molly," I am trying to savor this stage a little more than I did with Jackson and Lola.

I've often said I wished their infancy away, constantly hoping, praying and wishing for the next stage to come so things would get "easier." Well I've tried to resist the temptation to do the same this time around. I can see how fast it's going. "How fast?" you might be wondering... well, Molly is now mobile! She is crawling (slowly) about 5 steps before needing a break. Considering that's about 3 more than she could do yesterday, I'm figuring tomorrow she might be up to 7. And while this is very exciting for her and for the rest of us who like to watch and cheer and smile, it's also terrifying. My house is absolutely not ready for a crawling baby!

I have a video of her crawling but alas, my antiquated (4 1/2 yr old) Mac operating system doesn't support the new version of firefox that I need to in order to upload video to my blog. (How is one supposed to keep up, really) And so for now, until I can get over to the Mac store and get one of those genius kids to help me install Snow Leopard or Lion or Giraffe or whatever zoo animal is the latest and greatest, you're stuck with a picture. This is her right before se crawled over to get the camera.

We went to Molly's 6 month checkup this week and she is doing great! She's 17 pounds 4 ounces and in the 74% for weight, healthy we like to say ;) She's doing all the normal 6 month old things including sitting and crawling and getting really mad when I put her down and walk away.

She's not eating as much as solid food as she "should" be, honestly because I haven't made it a point to fit it in... undressing her and feeding her and then bathing and redressing her. That 15 minutes twice a day is being allocated to other things at this point. So instead of eating solids 2-3 times per day as recommended by her pediatrician, we're getting to it about 2-3 times per week. Kinda like the spilled cereal under the table, we'll get to it eventually ;)

She is getting over an ear infection that has been quite annoying both to her and me. She's been crankier and not sleeping as well as usual and I assume the ear has something to do with it. Although at this age it can really be anything, ear hurts or growth spurt or teeth coming or fear of being alone or.... But she did sleep through the night last night for the first time in a week so hooray for that! Speaking of cranky baby not wanting to be left alone, my time is up! I'll be working on the new operating system and video upload situation, check back!




3 comments: